Now everyone is trying to save electricity in official ways. This is not strange, because the tariffs are only increasing every day, and household appliances, like the winding of a large amount of electricity, continue to do so. In this article, we will look at what a dvuhtarifny electricity meter is, weigh all the pros and cons and tell you how to save money with it.
How does a two-tariff electricity meter
The principle of operation of such a device is based on the fact that at different times of the day there are certain tariffs for electricity. At night, a kilowatt is much less than during the day, so why not take advantage of it?
I would like to say a few words about the difference in tariffs. Consider a simple situation, it is beneficial for power plants to work evenly. But, as a result, it turns out that during the day a large amount of electricity is used, and at night such figures fall almost to zero. Because of this, the equipment was wearing out and we have to increase the fuel consumption for the production of electricity. Such enterprises invented such a device as a two-tariff electricity meter. It will be interesting to know: the device of the electric meter.
Counters of this type work as follows:
- In the daytime from 07.00 to 23.00 the cost is always higher.
- From 23.00 to 07.00 the second tariff is included (reduced), they are several times cheaper.
Using such a device, they save absolutely everything, because people pay less money, and electrical substations save their materials and prolong the life of equipment.
Advantages and disadvantages of two-tariff meters
Initially, I would like to highlight a few of the main advantages of its use, to say that they are substantial - we cannot. But you can not miss them.
- Saves money, with the proper organization of its work, the payback of the meter is not more than one year.
- Reduction of harmful emissions into the atmosphere.
- Assistance to electric substations.
We cannot consider the second two points important for the consumer; there is no special sense in this. So, one advantage - saving money.
- After installing a two-tariff counter, it is necessary to review the correct use of electrical equipment. Include air conditioners, washing machines, electric ovens, vacuum cleaners, irons will have only at night. Otherwise there is no meaning from such a counter.
- In some regions, there is no point in installing such a counter, because at night the tariff is reduced by only 10-20%. In such a situation, its payback period will be five years, no less.
There are also shortcomings, but if you strongly want to save money, then a two-tariff electricity meter is the best solution for you. Please note that you need to read the readings from the two-tariff counter correctly.
Two tariff electricity meter reviews
So we told you about such a device, the principle of operation is simple, according to reviews you can say that you just need to think with your head before installing it, then there will be no problems. Watch another video review from the owners of such counters.
Related article: what are the DIN-rails.