To restrict access to any building, install the entrance door. Along with metal constructions, models made of wood are widely popular, as they are distinguished by high strength and long service life. Entrance wooden doors look beautiful in any architectural ensemble, reliably protect the house from the cold, have good sound and thermal insulation characteristics, as well as aesthetic appeal.
Features and benefits
The design of the doors includes a frame (box), filling (sash), mounting, decorative and locking accessories. All these components are reliable protection against burglary, have a high resistance to mechanical damage. Wood lends itself well to painting and finishing, so according to an individual project you can order the product strictly according to the size of the entrance opening in a unique design and choose any color.The main elements of the entrance door
Advantages of wooden entrance doors:
- high strength;
- wear resistance;
- long service life;
- ecological purity of the material;
- harmonious combination with architecture;
- decorative appeal;
- pronounced wood texture;
- moisture impermeability (when processing by antiseptics).
Natural wood lends itself well to working and carving, it can be combined with paneled inserts, MDF and sandwich panels, metal fragments, various types of filling. However, given the harsh climatic conditions, you should pay attention to the warmed versions, the design of which uses a double sealing circuit and a threshold that prevents the ingress of cold inside the premises.
Products from natural wood are represented by a wide range of shades and in various styles (modern, high-tech, minimalism, classic), so you can easily choose an interesting option.
Class of wooden entrance doors
The final price of the door depends on the cost of materials used in production, as well as on the operational characteristics of the product and its visual appeal. To meet the needs of a wide range of consumers with different material capabilities, manufacturers produce insulated doors for homes and apartments of several classes.
Consider the main differences of doors of different categories:
- Economy - simple design, cheap filling, laconic finishing, affordability, budget accessories.
- Standard - a complete set of low-cost models is better than in the economy class, more interesting design solutions.
- Premium - the most expensive and high-quality models, exclusive design, double contour insulation, valuable wood.
Depending on the budget, the buyer can choose an inexpensive house-keeper for a private house or an elite model with a long service life. Some manufacturers share manufactured products in addition to the door of the optima, comfort, luxury, elite. In specialized companies, you can make an order for an individual sketch.
Varieties of models
Depending on the production technology, the entrance doors are classified into three broad groups: solid, panel, panel. Products have different performance and cost. The main parameters to which you should pay attention: dimensions, deaf and non-deaf filling of the valves, design, method of opening, finishing and shape of the structure.
Models from the natural massif of a tree the most beautiful among the released door designs. For their production are used expensive woods: oak, beech, ash, larch, cedar, more affordable - pine. Outdoor products are made from high-quality boards with a minimum thickness of 50 mm, fragments are joined using grooves.
- maximum thickness of the door leaf;
- low thermal conductivity of solid array;
- high strength and reliability of the box;
- good thermal insulation characteristics;
- the possibility of covering other materials.
Cloth from an array can be smooth or with a carved pattern in the form of landscapes, animals, ornaments, decorative figures.
Doors from the natural massif can be used for installation in the apartment, the private house, office. Timbers of a dense structure do not let the cold through, therefore it is not necessary to warm the products for operation in a mild climate. For harsh winters, it is necessary to choose products with internal insulation laid along the contour in order to prevent the formation of “cold bridges”.
Extensive demand from consumers are framed entrance doors. They are made from natural wood, or rather, glued laminated timber or MDF. The layout of outdoor structures depends on the climatic conditions in which the entrance doors will be operated. For insulating the sash, you can use the insulating material on the inner side, on which the leatherette is sewn.
The main advantages of paneled doors:
- "warm" assembly through the use of natural wood materials;
- the ability to glue the fabric on the outside with decorative veneer;
- optimum stiffness due to horizontal and vertical crossbars;
- reliable connection of elements with spikes and pins;
- high strength and reliability of the whole structure.
Glued laminated timber is mainly used for filling panel doors. It is characterized by good resistance to deformation, so the products have optimal performance characteristics. You can install street models at the entrance to a house or apartment.
If the entrance doors are made using MDF-profile, the service life of the product will be lower. Such models are better to install indoors.
By production of panel and frame products boards from natural wood are used. The thickness of the fragments is 40 mm, width is 10 mm, the method of positioning on any door leaf is horizontal, vertical, diagonal. On both sides of the shield door panels revetted with a covering of MDF, fiberboard, lining.
The main advantages of wooden entrance doors:
- are deaf (solid), hollow and small-grained, which affects the price;
- as a heater, you can use different materials;
- the warmed doors perfectly protect the house from cold;
- in contrast to metal models, they do not form frost and condensate;
- the frame of the shield door "will not lead" when measuring the temperature and humidity;
- can be supplemented with a metal frame to give greater rigidity.
Entrance doors must withstand harsh weather conditions, regardless of the technology of production of products. Given the climate in our country, it makes sense to order insulated exterior doors, which are produced not only in Moscow and other regions of Russia.
How to choose insulated doors
The cold from an entrance or from the street gets into rooms through door gaps between a shutter and a platband. To solve the problem of heat saving, it is recommended to install insulated entrance wooden doors. They are made of materials with low thermal conductivity that do not let in the cold and do not release heat to the outside.
But how to choose the warm wooden doors? Consider the list of criteria:
- The door leaf must be resistant to low temperatures and changes in humidity.
- Along the outer contour of the door should be laid a special seal that protects against drafts.
- External veneer lining of MDF or MDF of optimum thickness prevents the penetration of cold.
- The leaves are filled with insulating materials - cellular cellulose, foam, polystyrene foam, mineral wool.
- The presence of high-quality locking and mounting hardware - locks, hinges, bolts, door closers, handles.
Double designs possess the highest thermal insulation characteristics - two canvases are installed in one box. The first door restricts access to the house or apartment, and the second (internal) holds heat well. An airbag is formed between the wooden doors in the closed position, which improves thermal insulation.
For additional protection from the cold along the contour of the canvas, high-quality insulation is laid.
There are increased requirements for entrance doors, since the products must restrict access to the house, protect from the cold and have a beautiful design. When choosing, you need to pay attention to the quality of the product - sealing insulants and seals, the reliability of hinges and locking mechanisms.